We built an iOS game with Firebase!
Firebase helps you create better games faster without needing to build and maintain a backend infrastructure. We are really excited to announce the availability of our demo application MechaHamster for iOS on the App Store. If you’re an Android user you can check out our prior release on the Google Play Store.
MechaHamster is built on our easy to install Unity SDK, and takes advantage of several powerful Firebase features, including:
- Analytics: Track valuable player data, including how they’re interacting with your game, how much time they’re playing, how long they take to complete levels, how many in-app purchases they’re making and much more
- Firebase Authentication: Simple free multi-platform player sign-in
- Remote Config: Change game data on the fly. For example: difficulty, power ups, and pretty much anything else you’d like to control
- Realtime Database: Store information like map data, high scores and player profiles
- Cloud Messaging: Notify players of new content and updates
- Dynamic Links and App Invites: Allow your players to create and share content with their friends
Want to see how easy it was to plug Firebase into MechaHamster yourself? Check out the Unity project over at Github: https://github.com/google/mechahamster
We can’t wait to see what amazing iOS games you build with Firebase. To find out more about how Firebase can power up your games, grow your business and create better experiences for your players head to https://firebase.google.com/games/